Gaming developer Level-5 (Professor Layton, Dark Cloud) held its annual press conference today and Andriasang was present for all the details. Here's a link to their live blog.
I'll just narrow it down to a few highlights and snippets.
- Ni no Kuni, a game being made for both the DS and PS3. This looks pretty cool, an RPG with lots of puzzles.
- A new Layton game for the 3DS. They will put up a new puzzle for download every day for an entire year. Release planned in the Spring.
- A new Inazuma Eleven game for the regular DS. These are silly soccer games with RPG elements. Never played them, but if they're anything like the old Captain Tsubasa games, I'll have to try them out.
- Little Battle eXperience, also known as Danbal Senki. A PSP game, and they're going to be making an anime and manga at the same time. It's a mech/robot game.
- Mystery Room, another puzzle-style game for the DS. Music by Yuzo Koshiro (Ys I & II, Streets of Rage, and more recently, the Etrian Odyssey series)!
- Kyaba Joppi, a waitress simulation game for the 3DS.
- Time Travelers, a crazy looking suspense game for the 3DS. Here's a trailer.
- Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney? What? Apparently they're collaborating with Capcom to make such a game for the 3DS.
No Dark Cloud 3, but some very interesting games nonetheless. The 3DS has some strong titles, but I don't know if I'll rush out and buy it on day one.